Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Restaurant taste without the restaurant price. So easy it can be made anytime.
Make and share this Cupboard French Onion Soup Gratinee recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 large onions, sliced thin
- 2 (10 ounce) cans beef consomme soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef broth
- 2 (10 ounce) cans water
- 5 ounces cans red wine
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 French baguette, sliced and toasted
- 6 slices emmenthaler cheese or 6 slices gruyere cheese
- In a large pot, saute onions in butter over medium heat until caramelized and golden brown.
- Add consomme, broth, water and red wine.
- Season with pepper.
- Simmer until hot.
- Ladle soup and onions into 6 bowls.
- Top each bowl with a slice of baguette and cheese.
- Brown under a preheated broiler until cheese is bubbling and browned.
- Serve immediately.