Recipe by Bokenpop aka Madeleine
This is an ideal dessert for two. This is made in no time and can be cooked and left in the microwave whilst eating the main course. Serve with custard sauce if so desired.
Top Review by Debbie R.
I loved the ease and quickness of preparation and also thought it was a very pretty dessert when placed upside down on a plate. I love golden syrup, and this recipe highlights it nicely. However, I wonder if the texture would be better if it were mixed just until blended rather than beating until smooth. Thanks for an intro to SA puddings!
- 80 ml cake flour
- 2 ml baking powder
- 30 ml sugar
- 25 g butter
- 30 ml milk
- 1 egg
- 30 ml golden syrup or 30 ml jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease 2 large cups well.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Melt butter in microwave.
- Mix the milk and egg into the butter and add this to the dry ingredients.
- Mix til smooth.
- Spoon half syrup (or jam) into each cup, followed by 1/2 the batter.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap and microwave for 2 minutes on high.
- Leave to stand for about 5 minutes before turning out onto serving plates.