Recipe by JanuaryBride
This is the famous dish from Cunetto House of Pasta on "The Hill" in St. Louis. Recipe published in the Riverfront Times' Recipes 1997. This is not the same as the Pasta House version. . .this is a white sauce, not a pink one! This recipe is fast enough for a mid-week meal, but fancy enough to serve at a dinner party! Feel free to lighten it up a bit with light margarine and fat-free half and half (I have done it many a time with great results).
Top Review by Annacia
This was 5 star all the way even with my lightening. I used fat free liquid coffee creamer for the cream, a more heart healthy margarine for the butter and held the Parm to 1/4 cup. It still had a rich and indulgent taste. The fresh mushrooms and broccoli were summer perfect.
- 1 lb spaghetti, cooked (shells work well too)
- 24 ounces half-and-half cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 lb small broccoli floret
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup minced parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (may increase to 1 cup for a thicker sauce if need be)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cream, butter, broccoli, mushrooms, parsley and seasonings in a sauce pan over medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Increase the heat of the cream sauce slightly and bring to a boil.
- When cream sauce boils, add cooked and drained spaghetti noodles to the sauce.
- Reduce over medium heat until cream sauce clings to the spaghetti.
- Remove from heat and toss in parmesan cheese, a little at a time until desired sauce consistency is achieved.