- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar or 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar or 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, salt, cumin, and Dijon mustard.
- Whisk in the olive oil; add in pepper to taste.
- **Low-Fat Cumin Vinaigrette—replace the 1/3 cup olive oil with 1 tablespoon olive oil and 4 tablespoons plain nonfat yogurt or 5 tablespoons low-fat buttermilk; add 1 tablespoon water, or more to taste; combine well.