Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
From Martha Rose Shulman. Goes well with bean, egg, and grain salads; also nice with carrot salads—cooked or raw.
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar or 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar or 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- In a bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, salt, cumin, and Dijon mustard.
- Whisk in the olive oil; add in pepper to taste.
- **Low-Fat Cumin Vinaigrette—replace the 1/3 cup olive oil with 1 tablespoon olive oil and 4 tablespoons plain nonfat yogurt or 5 tablespoons low-fat buttermilk; add 1 tablespoon water, or more to taste; combine well.
Nice and simple. I stirred this into a veggie and couscous salad, and I was very pleased with the results. Thanks for posting!