1/1 Photo of Cumin Spiced Honey Carrots With Lemon Coriander Vinaigrette
A wonderful way to fix the ordinary carrot! Influenced by African spices, try this! This recipe may be halved easily. Adapted from Foodservice Recipes. This is a Middle Eastern/African recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan over high heat bring 6 quarts water and honey to a boil; Add carrots; simmer until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold water; drain again.
- 2Transfer to a bowl; set aside.
- 3In a small dry skillet over medium heat place coriander seeds. Heat until fragrant, stirring frequently, about 2 minutes; cool slightly.
- 4Grind coriander in a spice or coffee grinder into a fine powder.
- 5Place in a bowl along with olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, 3/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the black pepper; whisk until combined; set aside.
- 6Toss carrots with cumin, the remaining 2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon black pepper and reserved olive oil mixture.
- 7Serve over bib lettuce, if desired.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cumin Spiced Honey Carrots With Lemon Coriander Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (7710 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 497.0
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 898.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 74.8 g
- Protein 1.9 g