Recipe by Annacia
This recipe from Qutar is warm and comforting. It showcases some wonderful flavors too. Recipe comes from: Global Table Adventure.
Top Review by awalde
As I supposed this dish came out perfect and we all enjoyed it very much.<br/>The blend of spices was delicious and this made a delicious sidedish to chicken marinated with a combination of yogurt, turmeric, ras el hanout, salt, pepper, coriander ground. To complete the set I suggest a small portion of plain yogurt served with the potatoes and the chicken and in summer a cold vegetable soup or some salad. <br/>Enjoy this delicious potatoes!
- 2 lbs small gold potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- chili powder, to taste
- salt & pepper
- lemon juice, to taste (about 1 lemon, or set out slices as garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set a pot of potatoes to boil and cook until tender. Small golden potatoes will cook in about about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry up those cumin seeds in some vegetable oil until fragrant and just beginning to color (30 seconds to a minute).
- Toss on the onions and cook until “meltingly” soft and then stir in all the spices, salt, and pepper, sneak a taste and smile.
- Halve or quarter your potatoes, as desired, and add to the onion mixture. Squeeze on a little lemon juice, as desired.
- Toss until completely coated with golden, sweet spiced goodness. Serve hot with fresh lemon slices.