Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
This serves one. Increase ingredients accordingly. From Chef Philip Dorwart, Tejas.
Make and share this Cumin Seared Halibut With Asparagus Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (6 -8 ounce) fresh halibut (Alaskan or Californian)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- 4 stalks asparagus, chopped
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 small lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil plus 1 tsp canola oil, divided
- 1⁄4 cup crispy tortilla
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- For the Salsa: Heat a saute pan, add 1 tsp canola oil and lightly saute the asparagus until just cooked. This only takes a minute or so. Remove from heat and cool.
- When asparagus is cooled, mix together the onion, tomato, cilantro, asparagus, jalapeno, olive oil, lime juice and salt and pepper.
- For the Halibut: Sprinkle halibut with salt, pepper and ground cumin.
- Heat a oven-proof saute pan (black iron works well) until smoking hot, add 1 tablespoon canola oil and sear one side of the halibut.
- Put pan in the preheated 400 degree oven and finish cooking with seared side down. When cooked (cooking time for this will vary on the thickness of the piece of fish) remove from pan and place on a plate, top with asparagus salsa, garnish with crispy tortillas and serve hot.