This serves one. Increase ingredients accordingly. From Chef Philip Dorwart, Tejas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 -8 ounce) fresh halibut (Alaskan or Californian)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- 4 stalks asparagus, chopped
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 small lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil plus 1 tsp canola oil, divided
- 1/4 cup crispy tortilla
- 1Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2For the Salsa: Heat a saute pan, add 1 tsp canola oil and lightly saute the asparagus until just cooked. This only takes a minute or so. Remove from heat and cool.
- 3When asparagus is cooled, mix together the onion, tomato, cilantro, asparagus, jalapeno, olive oil, lime juice and salt and pepper.
- 4For the Halibut: Sprinkle halibut with salt, pepper and ground cumin.
- 5Heat a oven-proof saute pan (black iron works well) until smoking hot, add 1 tablespoon canola oil and sear one side of the halibut.
- 6Put pan in the preheated 400 degree oven and finish cooking with seared side down. When cooked (cooking time for this will vary on the thickness of the piece of fish) remove from pan and place on a plate, top with asparagus salsa, garnish with crispy tortillas and serve hot.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cumin Seared Halibut With Asparagus Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (569 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 417.1
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 83.4 mg
- Sodium 158.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 38.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: