Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
From The Great Big Burger Book.
Make and share this Cumin-Scented Turkey Burgers With Orange Chipotle Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped orange zest
- 1 cup tightly packed fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 cup chicken broth
- lavash bread, warmed (enough for 6 burgers)
- iceberg lettuce
Orange Chipotle Sauce
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- To make the sauce: add sauce ingredients to a food processor; process until smooth.
- To make the burgers: add the first 5 ingredients to a large bowl; thoroughly combine, using your hands.
- Form mixture into 6 patties, each 1 inch thick.
- Lightly oil the grill or skillet over med-high heat; cook to desired degree of doneness; at least medium, about 4 minutes per side.
- Serve it up: wrapped in warm lavash; top with Orange Chipotle Sauce and iceberg lettuce leaves.