Recipe by MarieRynr
I got this delicious recipe from out of a low GI cookbook called "Learn To Cook Low GI" by Lorna Rhodes. It is quick to put together and the taste is fabulous. You'd expect to make put alot more effort into something that ends up tasting this special. It healthy as well!
- 4 thick lamb loin chops
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
For the mash
- 7 ounces white potatoes
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- 5 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the garlic, olive oil, cayenne pepper, paprika, cumin and lemon juice. Trim off any excess fat from the chops, season with salt and pepper and place on a plate. Brush all over with the oil mixture and let sit for half an hour if possible, but not necessary.
- Peel and cut the white potatoes into chunks, placing in a pan of cold salted water. Bring to the boil and cook for 5 minutes. In the meantime peel the sweet potatoes and cut into chunks. Add to the white potatoes and cook for 10 minutes more until tender.
- meanwhile put the chops under a medium hot grill and grill for about 5 minutes on each side until golden and cooked through.
- Heat the butter with the chili flakes in a small frying pan, add the onions and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Drain the potatoes and return to the pan, break up with a fork and add the onion mixture. Keep the texture chunky. Season if needed.
- Serve the lamb chops with the potatoes.