Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy, yummy pork chops. I get these marinating in the fridge in the morning and they're all set to throw on the grill when I get home from work. Prep and cook time does not include marinating time (from 10 minutes to 6 hours)
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 5 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 butterflied center-cut pork loin chops
- Prepare grill or heat broiler.
- Combine sugar, vinegar, cumin and red pepper in a small bowl; mix well.
- Put pork chops in a large plastic food storage bag and pour cumin mixture over; turn meat to coat; seal bag and marinate in the fridge for at least 10 minutes, or as long as 6 hours.
- Remove meat from marinade; grill or broil, turning once, until cooked through, 8-10 minutes.
- Move to a cooler part of the grill if the sugar in the rub starts to burn.
Really nice but not as spicy as we had hoped.
Had these this evening - very flavorable - I love the taste of the cumin - for me personally the sweetness was just a tad much so next time I make these I'll cut back on the sugar a bit. Very easy to put together and grill - thanks for posting Hey Jude.
An easy rub with a pleasantly sweet taste. At first bite, the sweetness is dominant, then cumin kicks in. Heed direction #5--mine got a little charred (just one side). Learned that lesson quickly! Thanks for sharing.