Recipe by A Messy Cook
A colorful, healthy side dish for any meal. Chopped cilantro would be a great addition! This is from Light & Tasty’s Feb/March 2005 issue. I haven’t tried it yet, but I think it would be really good with burritos or fajitas.
Top Review by Savvy Sewlal
This was a very tasty lunch. I also used pre-cooked brown rice and added fresh tomato at the end. Fresh ground pepper and hot sauce added the finishing touch! Perhaps I will try adding black beans the next time we have this. Thanks for posting!
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1⁄3 cup picante sauce
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 2 green onions, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to a boil in large saucepan.
- Add butter, bouillon, and cumin, and stir until butter is melted.
- Add rice and reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in picante sauce and heat through.
- Stir in avocado and onions just before serving.