Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Gourmet. June 1990
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons double-acting baking powder
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- In a large bowl stir together the flour, the sugar, the baking powder, the ground cumin, the cumin seed, the mustard, and the salt.
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs, the milk, and the oil and stir the mixture into the flour mixture, stirring the batter until it is just moistened.
- Pour the batter into a well-buttered loaf pan, 11 by 4 1/2 by 2 3/4 inches, or 9 by 5 by 3 inches, and b it in the middle of a preheated 350°F oven for 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the pan on a rack for 15 minutes, turn it out onto the rack, and let cool completely.