Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
A true flavour explosion!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 oysters
- 4 fluid ounces dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon angostura low sodium soy sauce
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter and sauté the mushrooms and garlic for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add oysters and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add wine, cumin, and soy sauce and simmer 1 minute.
- Arrange on 4 small plates and serve.
Excellent! I used a few extra mushrooms and served this as a New Years Eve supper with french bread to sop up the juices. I will make this again.
The very same recipe is served at L'Economie and Martinique in New Orleans. It was featured in The Louisiana New Garde television series. A great way to have a restaurant quality dish!
Miller - you outdid yourself with this recipe! Absolutely out of this world delicious! The oysters were so tender and the sauce was seasoned to perfection. I served this with homemade Focaccia bread and we mopped up every drop. I can't wait to make this again!