Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a fab recipe from Bill Granger! Serve as an accompaniment to curries.
- 300 ml plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 long green chili, seeded and finely chopped
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- lightly toasted cumin seed
- Stir together the yogurt, ground cumin, mint, coriander, ginger and chilli.
- Season well and sprinkle with cumin seeds.
I added some fresh parsley to this mixture, and left the chilies to be added individually, since many in this household do not like spicy foods. Both with and without the chile, this is a fantastic raita. I made enough for leftovers, so that I can mix it tomorrow for my lunch with fresh tomatoes and cucumbers too. Thanks, Shaz! Made for PAC Fall 2008.
This was yum with Recipe #203279 without the green chilies, cumin seed and I didn't add ginger and it is not in the ingredients list!! I also added peeled sliced English cucumber to make it a larger amount and add some veggie to the meal. I would make this again possibly with a similar or the same dish.
This was very good! I made it to go with Recipe #188011 and they complimented each other nicely.