Recipe by Sydney Mike
Here's a salad inspired by the flavors of Moroccan cooking! The original recipe was found in the 2000 Pillsbury Classic, Farmer's Market Cookbook. Cooking & preparation does not include the 3 hours needed in the refrigerator to marinate!
Top Review by PaulaG
Loved it! The carrots were cooked about 2 minutes prior to adding in the cauliflower and both vegetables were crisp tender. The salad was made in the morning and then at dinner time were ready. This made for an easy side served with Recipe #430897.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups baby carrots, cut in half crosswise
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill large saucepan with water & bring to boil, then add cauliflower & carrots.
- Bring back to a boil & cook 2 minutes to blanch, then drain & rinse with cold water to stop cooking.
- Meanwhile, in medium nonmetal bowl, combine all remaining ingredients, mixing well.
- Add cauliflower & carrots, tossing to coat.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving, stirring occasionally & letting veggies marinate.