Recipe by SoupCookie
From the Summer 2010 LCBO Food & Drink mag.
Top Review by EmmyG37
We used this marinade on lamb chops (that we grilled) and then grilled red and yellow peppers on skewers brushed with the marinade. It was divine. I could imagine this marinade would go well with chicken as well. Thanks for the recipe! It's a keeper. :-)
- 3⁄4 lb boneless lamb
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely minced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 4 teaspoons cumin
- 4 teaspoons liquid honey
- 1 large yellow sweet pepper
- 1 small red onion
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak skewers (for 1 hour or more).
- Cut lamb into bite size pieces. In a large bowl whisk 1/4 cup lemon juice, 2 tablespoons oil, 2 tablespoons ginger, 2 cloves minced garlic, 2 teaspoons cumin, 2 teaspoons honey. Add lamb, stir to coat, cover and chill 4 hours or overnight; stir once.
- Oil grill and preheat BBQ to med-high. Slice pepper and onion into chunks and thread onto skewers with lamb (alternating ingredients). Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk leftover marinade ingredients and set aside for basting. Grill kebabs 7-10 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Serve with pita, greek salad and tzatziki -- Yummmm!