Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
The honey in the marinade makes these caramelize superbly. And its so flavorful that you can cut the refrigeration time in half and still end up with a delicious result. From the June 2007 Cooking Light.
- 1⁄4 cup chopped of fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 8 (4 ounce) lamb loin chops
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well. Place lamb in a single layer in a shallow dish; rub spice mixture evenly over both sides of lamb. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Prepare grill.
- Place lamb on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 4 minutes on each side, or until desired degree of doneness. Serve immediately.
This is unexpected and delicious, a really interesting way to prepare lamb and whenever I have some chops I like to use this recipe :)
LOL I saw this in the same issue and FELL IN LOVE with this recipe! I made it once with lamb and then I thought "I wonder if this would be good with shrimp" and it sure was! I also serve this with coriander rice (rice that is cooked in chicken broth and then right before it's ready I saute diced red onions in olive oil until just tender. Then when the rice is done I add the onions and chopped cilantro!) Fabulous dinner!
This recipe is going right into my 5* cookbook! The marinade takes about 30 seconds to throw together. I used the marinade amount on 5 lamb chops and it was enought to coat each one really well. I thought the flavor of the fresh mint with the honey was so nice and refreshing. Served with "faux potatoes" (cauliflower mash), which went really well with the lamb. Thanks for a great recipe Torrig! I'll be making this again this week.