Recipe by TexasKelly
From Cooking Light. I made this last night and it was excellent. When my Hubby cleans his plate, I know its good. I served it with egg noodles, but next time I will probably serve it with rice. I did not have an oven proof skillet so after browning the chicken, I had to transfer the chicken to a glass baking dish for the oven. Note: the cooking time in the recipe only says 10 minutes however, after 10 minutes my chicken (which I had cut very thin) was still very pink, so I cooked it for 15 minutes total. I think this would taste even better if it was grilled.
- 59.14 ml finely chopped green onion
- 59.14 ml finely chopped parsley
- 59.14 ml fat free sour cream
- 29.58 ml fresh lime juice
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.59 ml ground cumin
- 0.59 ml ground red pepper
- 1 ripe peeled avocado, seeded & coarsely mashed
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 4 (680.38 g) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare sauce, combine first 8 ingredients and set aside (keep chilled in fridge while you prepare the rest of the meal).
- Preheat oven to 400.
- To prepare chicken, combine brown sugar, 1 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp salt & 1/2 tsp black pepper; sprinkle evenly over chicken. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken, cook 3 minutes or until browned. Turn chicken over, place pan in over and bake at 400 for 10 minutes or until done. Serve chicken with guacamole sauce.
- Cooking Light magazine says that 1 breast and 3 tbsp sauce equals one serving.