Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a favorite in my house. The recipe came from the Feb/March 2005 Cooking Pleasures magazine.
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 salmon fillets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup salsa
- Heat oven to 425 degree. In a small bowl, stif together cumin, salt and pepper. Sprinkle over salmon.
- Heat oil in large ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add salmon and cook 2 min or until brown. Turn and then place in oven. Bake 5 to 8 mins or until salmon just begins to flake.
- While salmon is baking, mash up the avocado and mix it in with the salsa.
- When the salmon is done, remove from oven and top with guacamole.
The concept of this recipe is very good, however, there is way to much cumin -- it over powers the salmon. I love cumin, but would reduce it to about 2 teaspoons. This would also taste great flaked in a salad with a mexican ranch dressing. I will make it again, but with modifications.