Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love cumin, and am looking forward to trying this one out! This was shared by Sue Z Q on Gail’s. Adapted from Cooking Light, Dec. 2001.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a dry large skillet over medium heat, toast the cumin seeds for 2 minutes or until they just begin to smoke.
- Grind together the cumin, salt, and pepper in a mortar and pestle or other grinding tool (I use an electric coffee grinder) until finely ground.
- Rub the cumin mixture on both sides of the sea bass fillets.
- Heat the oil and butter together in an oven-safe pan/skillet over medium-high heat, then add the fish and brown each side of the fillets for 2 minutes.
- Transfer pan to the oven (you can wrap the handle of the pan with foil, if necessary), and bake for 4 to 5 minutes or until the fillets flake easily when tested with a fork.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and lemon wedges and serve.
- Source: Cooking Light, Dec. 2001 and Gail’s Recipe Swap.