I love cumin, and am looking forward to trying this one out! This was shared by Sue Z Q on Gail’s. Adapted from Cooking Light, Dec. 2001.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2In a dry large skillet over medium heat, toast the cumin seeds for 2 minutes or until they just begin to smoke.
- 3Grind together the cumin, salt, and pepper in a mortar and pestle or other grinding tool (I use an electric coffee grinder) until finely ground.
- 4Rub the cumin mixture on both sides of the sea bass fillets.
- 5Heat the oil and butter together in an oven-safe pan/skillet over medium-high heat, then add the fish and brown each side of the fillets for 2 minutes.
- 6Transfer pan to the oven (you can wrap the handle of the pan with foil, if necessary), and bake for 4 to 5 minutes or until the fillets flake easily when tested with a fork.
- 7Garnish with chopped parsley and lemon wedges and serve.
- 8Source: Cooking Light, Dec. 2001 and Gail’s Recipe Swap.
Browse Our Top Bass Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cumin Crusted Chilean Sea Bass
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 189.8
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 71.5 mg
- Sodium 414.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 32.1 g