1/1 Photo of Cumin-Crusted Chicken Cheddar Quesadillas W/ Basil Sour Cream
Lavender Lynn's Note:
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jack McDavid, Jack’s Firehouse, Philadelphia, on behalf of the American Dairy Association
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless, boneless (about 1 1/2 pounds)
For sauted mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 portabello mushroom caps, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced, salt and pepper, to taste
For basil sour cream
- 1For chicken: In a small bowl, combine cumin, salt, pepper and cayenne. Rub chicken breasts with spice mixture. Grill chicken 6 minutes on each side or until tender. Remove from heat and thinly slice; set aside.
- 2For sautéed mushrooms: Heat butter in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add sliced mushrooms and onions. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook until mushrooms are soft. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 3For basil sour cream: Combine basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a food processor. Process until pureed. Mix into sour cream. Set aside.
- 4To assemble quesadillas: Pre-heat grill or griddle to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Place tortillas on a flat surface. Generously sprinkle cheese onto one half of each tortilla. Combine chicken and mushrooms; divide evenly on top of the cheese. Sprinkle cheese on top of the chicken and mushroom mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 5Fold each tortilla in half (creating a half circle shaped quesadilla). Cook each quesadilla about 4-6 minutes, until cheese is melted and the tortilla begins to brown and crisp. Flip tortilla and repeat about 4-6 minutes. Remove quesadilla from heat and cool about 30 seconds before cutting into 3 triangle slices. Serve with basil sour cream.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cumin-Crusted Chicken Cheddar Quesadillas W/ Basil Sour Cream
Serving Size: 1 (531 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1281.3
- Calories from Fat 723
- Total Fat 80.4 g
- Saturated Fat 41.1 g
- Cholesterol 257.3 mg
- Sodium 2100.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 65.8 g