Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
i got this recipe from Real Simple website. Its GREAT either warm or cold. I also need to put this in safekeeping!
- 2 lbs boneless chicken
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 cups black beans (about 2 cans)
- 1 1⁄4 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in halve
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of wax paper.
- Pound with mallet to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Combine cumin with cayenne pepper and rub over chicken.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté chicken for 4 minutes per side.
- Remove to a cutting board.
- Return to skillet with pan drippings to med heat.
- Add onion and jalapeño; cook, stirring 1 minute.
- Add the beans, tomatoes and 3 tbsp water.
- Cook 1-2 minutes until ingredients are heated.
- Remove from heat and toss with scallions, cilantro & vinegar.
- Slice chicken and arrange on top of beans.
- Enjoy, yum.