Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A Marinated chicken kebab-marinating time 2 hours. Cook on the BBQ or grill. Please note- cooking time does not include 2 hours marinating time. Lean lamb can be used in place of the chicken
- 500 g chicken breasts or 500 g chicken thighs, cubed
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds or 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic cloves, crushed or 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili flakes or 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 teaspoons tomato puree or 4 teaspoons tomato sauce
- 2 red onions, sliced into thick wedges
- Add the chicken to a non-metallic dish- set aside.
- Mix together all remaining ingredients, except for the onions. Pour the marinate over the chicken, toss well to coat. Marinate for 2 hours in the fridge.
- Thread the chicken onto skewers, alternating with the red onions.
- Grill or BBQ for 10-15 minutes, turning frequently.
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for about 20 minutes prior to using. This should stop them from buring during the cooking stage.
This was a nice lamb dish. We really liked the spice level, but we felt like it was missing a little something. I added some pink salt which helped intensify the flavours. I think next time I'd marinate the lamb for longer so it retains more of the flavours. Thanks Jubes!