Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Aust WW 3.5 Pnts also Core Prep time includes 5 mins resting time for chicken.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 420 g chicken breast fillets (without skin)
- 1 1⁄2 cups couscous
- 2 large carrots, peeled, coarsely grated
- 4 green shallots, trimmed, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat yogurt
- Place cumin on a plate.
- Trim any excess fat from chicken.
- Coat the chicken with cumin.
- Heat a large non stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook fro 4 mins on each side or until brown and cooked through.
- Remove from heat.
- Set aside for 5 mins to rest.
- Thinly slice.
- Meanwhile, place couscous in a large heatproof bowl.
- Add 1/2 cups (375ml) boiling water while stirring with a fork.
- Cover and set aside for 5 mins or until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir with a fork to separate grains.
- Add carrot and half the shallots.
- Season with salt and stir to combine.
- Spoon couscous onto serving plates.
- Serve with chicken topped with a dollop of yogurt and sprinkled with remaining shallots.