Prep 2 hrs
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is from Healthy Cooking For Two, by Brenda Shriver.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup chunky mild salsa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon canola oil or 1 teaspoon oil, of choice
- 1⁄2 cup onion, slices
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small sliced tomatoes
- Place chicken in med shallow dish.
- In small bowl, combine salsa, cumin and salad dressing; pour over chicken.
- Cover and marinate in fridge or at least two hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray small, shallow baking dish with veg spray.
- Heat oil in a med nonstick skillet over med high heat.
- Saute onions and garlic in oil til limp.
- Lift chicken from marinade, add to skillet, cook with onions until brown on both sides.
- Place chicken and onions in a small, shallow baking dish; top with tomato slices, pout remaining marinade over all.
- Bake, uncovered about thirty minutes or til tender.