Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this Guyanese dish on a site for Caribbean recipes. The time does not include the marinating time (minimum 2 hours).
- 2 lbs chicken breasts (debone)
- 1 teaspoon cumin (ground)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- fresh thyme or dried thyme, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- cayenne pepper, to taste (optional)
- Wash and cut chicken breast down the middle (to form a butterfly), season with thyme, peppers, salt, olive oil and cumin.
- Marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Place in a baking dish, cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes in a moderately hot oven (350 degrees) or simmer non stick frying pan for 20 minutes over low heat.
Very easy and simple chicken dish. Thanks for a new quick dinner dish. Made for ZWT5, and the Dining Daredevils
My original review isn't showing up, so I am rewriting. I made this chicken for dinner as a recipe of choice for ZWT 5. I followed the recipe as written, except for adding a little bit more cumin and letting it marinade for just over 24 hours. Though the chicken was very moist, it seemed to lack in the flavor department. I did take it pretty easy with the cayenne, didn't want to burn the kids lips off. We were expecting more and I really wanted my family to love it, given the fact it was so simple and used things that I always keep around the house. Maybe with some tweaking it could be a great recipe, but I'm sorry it didn't work out very well for us this time around. Thanks for sharing....... Made for ZWT 5 for the Genies of Gourmet.