Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this in Midwest Living magazine. Two additional, simple, ingredients transform a plain box of corn muffin mix into bread that has a smoky, savory flavor and the bread stays together better...no crumbling! This is very quick and easy, my favorite type of recipe!
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Prepare the muffin mix according to package directions and stir the cheese and cumin into the batter. Spread in a greased 8x8x2-inch baking pan or a 8x1 1/2-inch round baking pan.
- Bake in a 400° oven about 15 minutes or till a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve the cornbread warm.
This recipe was so good! I made it last night with a chicken dish, and the chicken wasn't all that good but my friend and I kept going back to the kitchen for more of this cornbread! I was really surprised at how much the cumin and cheddar added to the taste of the muffin mix..it was just delicious. Thanks for the recipe! Made for Spring PAC '09
An interesting addition to an easy corn muffin mix. It was very subtle - I might add more cumin or some chili powder next time. Thanks!
I liked the smoky cumin taste. Very easy!