Recipe by Hey Jude
I found this in Midwest Living magazine. Two additional, simple, ingredients transform a plain box of corn muffin mix into bread that has a smoky, savory flavor and the bread stays together better...no crumbling! This is very quick and easy, my favorite type of recipe!
Top Review by StephanieNS
This recipe was so good! I made it last night with a chicken dish, and the chicken wasn't all that good but my friend and I kept going back to the kitchen for more of this cornbread! I was really surprised at how much the cumin and cheddar added to the taste of the muffin mix..it was just delicious. Thanks for the recipe! Made for Spring PAC '09
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the muffin mix according to package directions and stir the cheese and cumin into the batter. Spread in a greased 8x8x2-inch baking pan or a 8x1 1/2-inch round baking pan.
- Bake in a 400° oven about 15 minutes or till a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve the cornbread warm.