This was a big hit first time out. A very easy side dish with rich, warm flavor using the most humble of vegetables, the potato. NOTE: For the lard I used pork lard that I saved and rendered - it has a supreme flavor. If you don't have flavorful lard like that, a great alternative would be saved bacon grease. In the end, if neither of those are handy or preferable, just butter will do the trick.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
- 2Place chopped potatoes and garlic in baking dish. Make sure it is a baking dish that has a lid.
- 3Sprinkle seasonings over potatoes and garlic, then toss a bit to spread them out.
- 4Divide butter and lard into smaller bits and lay them on top.
- 5Cover dish with lid and put in oven.
- 6Cook in oven for 45 minutes, tossing once at about 20 minutes in, to further combine the ingredients once the butter and lard have melted.
- 7Now serve it and listen to all the mmmmm's around the table!
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cumin Caraway Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.8
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 7.1 mg
- Sodium 27.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: