Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This was a big hit first time out. A very easy side dish with rich, warm flavor using the most humble of vegetables, the potato. NOTE: For the lard I used pork lard that I saved and rendered - it has a supreme flavor. If you don't have flavorful lard like that, a great alternative would be saved bacon grease. In the end, if neither of those are handy or preferable, just butter will do the trick.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
- Place chopped potatoes and garlic in baking dish. Make sure it is a baking dish that has a lid.
- Sprinkle seasonings over potatoes and garlic, then toss a bit to spread them out.
- Divide butter and lard into smaller bits and lay them on top.
- Cover dish with lid and put in oven.
- Cook in oven for 45 minutes, tossing once at about 20 minutes in, to further combine the ingredients once the butter and lard have melted.
- Now serve it and listen to all the mmmmm's around the table!