Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 1⁄4 lbs pork tenderloin
- 2 limes, juice of
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- fresh ground black pepper
- 6 garlic cloves (4 cloves cracked, 2 cloves chopped)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes frozen corn kernels (or kernels cut from 5 ears fresh corn)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Preheat oven to 500°.
- Trim the sliver skin or connective tissue from the tenderloins using a very sharp, thin knife.
- Place tenderloins on a rimmed nonstick cookie sheet; coat them with the lime juice, rubbing the juice into the meat.
- Drizzle olive oil over the tenderloins, just enough to coat (about 2 tablespoons).
- Season the meat with the cumin, coriander, salt, and pepper.
- Cut small slits into the meat and disperse chunks of the cracked garlic cloves into the slits.
- Roast for 20 minutes; remove from oven and let rest for a few minutes, tented loosely with foil.
- While the pork is cooking, preheat a skillet over med-high heat with 2 tablespoons olive oil and the butter.
- Add in the onions, jalapenos, bell pepper, chopped garlic, corn, salt, and pepper; cook 4-5 minutes, or until the onions are tender.
- Sprinkle with the flour, and continue cooking 1 minute.
- Whisk in the chicken stock and heavy cream; bring mixture to a simmer and then lower the heat to medium-low; cook until it is thick and creamy, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the parsley and cilantro; taste and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
- Slice the rested roasted pork; serve with spicy creamed corn.
I made this OAMC style (made 2 and froze both) I skipped the creamed corn. Delicious and very easy to put together. Nice blend of lime, coriander and cumin. :)