Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
Stuffed eggs get a kick of cumin and a sprinkling of chives!
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, toasted and cooled
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons finely minced fresh chives
- fresh lemon juice, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cover eggs with cold water by 1 inch in a saucepan and bring just to the boil.
- Remove from heat and let eggs stand, covered, for 17 minutes.
- Finely grind cumin seeds with a mortar and pestle.
- Drain eggs, rinse with cold water until no longer hot to the touch.
- Peel eggs, then halve lengthwise.
- Carefully remove yolks and mash in a bowl with a fork.
- Stir in mayonnaise, yogurt, 2 TBS chives, lemon juice, cumin and salt and pepper to taste (filling will be loose).
- Place whites on chilled plates.
- Spoon yolks into whites and sprinkle with remaining TBS of chives.
This was a nice change from plain stuffed eggs. After stuffing the eggs, I sprinkled some paprika on top for color.