Recipe by Cluich
Got tired of making squid in the Mediterranean style, so I tried this. So delicious and so easy!
- 1 lb squid, cleaned and cut into rings
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 whole cloves
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- salt and pepper, to taste
- shredded scallions and fresh cilantro, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss the squid in a wok over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, for 2-3 minutes. Set aside and keep warm.
- Heat the oil in a wok and fry the garlic and onion until soft and beginning to brown. Add the tomatoes, soy sauce, nutmeg, cloves, and lime juice, then bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and add the squid, with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the squid in the sauce for 3-5 minutes over gentle heat, stirring occasionally, careful not to overcook the squid. Serve with rice or rice noodles, garnished with scallions and cilantro.