Recipe by Rita~
This Salsa is living food, full of enzymes and probiotics due to lacto-fermented vegetables. If you prefer peeled tomatoes: score the bottoms, drop into boiling water for about 15 seconds, remove and place in ice water. The peels should come off easily.
- 2 lbs organic tomatoes, diced
- 1 large vidalia onion, finely chopped
- 1 -4 jalapeno pepper, seeded (or not if you prefer more spice)
- 1 bunch cilantro or 1 bunch parsley
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lemons, juice
- 1 lime, juice
- 1 tablespoon himalayan salt
- 4 tablespoons whey (if not available, use an additional 1 tablespoon salt)
- 1⁄4 cup filtered water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients and place in a very clean quart-sized, wide mouth mason jar.
- Press down with a wooden spoon, adding more water to cover the vegetables. Be sure to leave 1-2″ head space.
- Adding filtered water to cover if needed.
- Cover tightly and keep at room temperature for 2-3 days before transferring to the refrigerator.