Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Healthy Raw Cultured Veggies Fermented making this rich in probiotics, enzymes, vitamins and minerals. This is just too easy to prepare why not make them? This is a great side to any meal helping digestion.
- 2 cups organic baby turnips, quartered
- 3 organic carrots, cut into 1/1/2 inch pieces
- 1 small organic red onion, peeled, and sliced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, rough chopped
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 4 tablespoons whey (if not available, use an additional T of sea salt)
- 1 cup filtered water, plus more if needed
- Mix vegetables and place in a quart preferably a wide-mouth mason jar. Press down lightly.
- Mix water with salt and whey and pour over vegetables, adding more water if necessary to cover the turnip mixture.
- The top of the vegetables should be at least 1 inch below the top of the jar–if it’s higher, remove some of the vegetables. Cover tightly and keep at room temperature for 3 days before refrigerating.
- They’re ready now, but will taste much better after at least a couple of weeks in the fridge.