Recipe by Scandigirl
We love this soup, it is easy to make in a jiffy, served with a sandwich for those evenings when we have meetings on the agenda. It is also a great clean-up-the-frige recipe!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 green pepper, diced 1/4 inch
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- salt & pepper
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 pinch thyme
- 3 -5 sprigs parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups chicken stock, hot
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the garlic and the bay leaves before serving.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan placed over low heat.
- Add the onion, the carrots and the potatoes to the melted butter or margarine.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, and cook with a cover for 6 to 7 minutes, over low heat.
- Remove the cover, add the celery, the scallions, the green pepper and all the spices.
- Season to taste and cook 5 to 6 minutes with a cover.
- Add the chicken stock and cook for about 5 to 6 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Accompany with garlic croutons.