Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a very old-fashioned recipe. My mother made this when I was a kid. It is a very refreshing dish and goes with lots of things.
- 1 nice sized cucumber
- 1 large sweet onion
- 177.44 ml white vinegar
- 177.44 ml cold water
- 29.58 ml sugar (or to taste)
- Wash and peel cukes; slice into bowl big enough for all ingredients.
- Peel onion and slice thinly into bowl with cukes.
- Mix vinegar and water with sugar.
- Pour over cucumber and onions.
- Put lid on bowl or cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serve cold.
Hi Darlene; This is a great recipe. I love cucumbers and onions, even in a sandwich. I used a good quality (6 year old) Balsamic Vinegar instead of white vinegar, and WOW, just super-great. So easy to prepare. Thank you, "Uncle Bill"
This is a great way to prepare cucumbers! I followed your instructions exactly and wouldn't change a thing (except the next time, I will DOUBLE the batch). I used this dish in place of a regular garden salad. Thank you so much for sharing a quick and easy and very flavorful dish!!!
I did not change anything. Great review from Mark the next day. The first day he did not say much. But the next day he loved it. Thank You for a great recipe.