Recipe by Darlene Summers
This is a very old-fashioned recipe. My mother made this when I was a kid. It is a very refreshing dish and goes with lots of things.
Top Review by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin
Hi Darlene; This is a great recipe. I love cucumbers and onions, even in a sandwich. I used a good quality (6 year old) Balsamic Vinegar instead of white vinegar, and WOW, just super-great. So easy to prepare. Thank you, "Uncle Bill"
- 1 nice sized cucumber
- 1 large sweet onion
- 3⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and peel cukes; slice into bowl big enough for all ingredients.
- Peel onion and slice thinly into bowl with cukes.
- Mix vinegar and water with sugar.
- Pour over cucumber and onions.
- Put lid on bowl or cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serve cold.