Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 lime (for rubbing)
- 1 red pimiento chile (I use jalapeno red pepper)
- 85.04 g cream cheese
- 4.92 ml cream
- 4.92 ml basil
- 14.79 ml green onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- salt and pepper (to taste, I add more salt)
- 0.25 ml paprika
- Cut the cucumbers down the middle, lengthwise, peel and remove the seeds.
- Rub the cucumbers with lime juice, and salt and pepper.
- Cut the red pepper down the middle, remove the seeds, and dice into small pieces.
- Combine the cream cheese and cream together with the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Fill the cucumbers with this lovely mixer and refrigerate for (at least!) 2 hours.
Andi's recipes are always a big hit at our house. This is a simple little recipe that packs a big flavour. I made as an appie by slicing the cucumbers into 1/2 inch thick rounds scooping out a little well in the center without going all the way through. Added the filling using a small 1 inch scoop so there were little round balls of flavour nested in the holes. I used fresh basil finely chopped. Know for next time that I better double the batch!
Aussie Swap #70: I love cucumbers! Stuffed cukes - even better! I loved this creamy filling inside these cukes - served as a thanksgiving day appy and they were gone in no time!
Andi even though I have not been logged on to make reviews I still have been making recipes from here! I had to log on to review this wonderful recipe, 5 stars. I made it as written and it was grand, then I used Borsin cheese in place of the cream cheese and it took it to a whole new level! Great recipe! Thanks for posting!