Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This came with my Cuisinart!! A nice basic recipe for hummus! You can add any flavorings you want such as roasted red peppers, olives, etc.
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (about 2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1/2 medium lemon)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne (to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup to 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place the garlic in a food processor fitted with the metal chopping blade. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Add the chickpeas, tahini, cumin, lemon juice, salt, black pepper, and cayenne. Process until smooth.
- With the machine running, add the olive oil through the feed tube, in a steady stream and process until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
This is the best recipe for hummus!! So fresh and you can add any flavors to it you want!! I used your recipe for Basic Homemade Tahini and it was just fabulous and the hummus was so much fresher than with store-bought tahini!! Thanks for posting!!