1/5 Photos of Cuisinart Recipe for Hummus
Spongebob Chefpants's Note:
This came with my Cuisinart!! A nice basic recipe for hummus! You can add any flavorings you want such as roasted red peppers, olives, etc.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (about 2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1/2 medium lemon)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne (to taste)
- 1/3 cup to 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1Place the garlic in a food processor fitted with the metal chopping blade. Pulse until finely chopped.
- 2Add the chickpeas, tahini, cumin, lemon juice, salt, black pepper, and cayenne. Process until smooth.
- 3With the machine running, add the olive oil through the feed tube, in a steady stream and process until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cuisinart Recipe for Hummus
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 774.6
- Calories from Fat 449
- Total Fat 49.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1114.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.1 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 17.5 g