Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Got this from a Cuisinart ad in a magazine. It's really tasty as well as low fat and low calorie. You need at least an eleven cup Cuisinart food processor.
- 4 ounces shallots, peeled
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus
- 8 ounces yukon gold potatoes, peeled
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 3 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- Wash asparagus and break off the tough ends. Reserve a few tips for garnish.
- Cut the potato so it will fit through the processor's feed tube.
- In the Cuisinart with the "S" blade, process the shallots and garlic. Remove.
- Insert the 4mm slicing blade, and feed the asparagus and the potato through the feed tube.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Briefly saute the shallot/garlic mixture over medium heat.
- Add the asparagus/potato mixture and the stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer about 15 minutes.
- Strain the solids and reserve the liquid.
- Using the "S" blade, puree the solids. Add about 1 cup of the reserved liquid while the machine is running and process until smooth.
- Combine the puree and the remaining liquid in a clean saucepan and reheat. Season with ground thyme, salt, white pepper and lemon juice.
- Garnish with reserved asparagus tips and a teaspoon of low fat sour cream.