1/1 Photo of Cucumbers With Soy-Sesame Dressing
24 hrs 15 mins
Kozmic Blues's Note:
This is a refreshing, Asian inspired cucumber salad. I got this from the Williams Sonoma "Cooking from the Farmers Market" cookbook. The sugar listed in the ingredients list was not in the original recipe, but I added it to suit my taste. Cook time is maximum marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 2 medium cucumbers, slices paper thin
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1In a bowl, combine the rice vinegar, peanut oil, soy sauce, sesame oil and crushed red pepper and sugar (if using) and whisk well.
- 2Add cucumbers and red onion, and toss them in dressing.
- 3Cover and refrigerate for an hour or up to 24 hours.
- 4To serve, sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and chopped cilantro.
- 5Can be served chilled or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cucumbers With Soy-Sesame Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 90.1
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 255.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar