Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from a cookbook called The Silver Spoon. It was recently translated into English and is supposed to be the most used cookbook in Italy. I have enjoyed browsing through this book and have already made several recipes. Thought I'd share.
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 20 black olives, stoned and quartered
- Put the cucumber slices in a colander, sprinkle with a little salt and leave to drain for 30 minutes.
- Rinse the cucumbers, drain, pat dry and put in a salad bowl.
- Sprinkle with dill, drizzle with lemon juice and oil.
- Add the olives, season with salt if necessary and toss.
- Leave to stand for a few minutes, then serve.
A nice way of serving cucumbers. The olives taste great with the cucumbers. I also added a couple tablespoons of crumbled feta cheese, and enjoyed it overall.
What a great dish! We've tried many cucumber salads but never one with black olives in it.....we LOVED it. I served this in a black serving dish and it made for a beautiful presentation. Thanks for sharing this unique and very tasty dish, Chef Dudo!!!