Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a refreshing, cooling, very light treat or dessert. Great for summer, though I eat it year round.
- 1 whole cucumber, diced (chilled is best)
- fresh mint leaves, diced (fresh is best, if you don't have these dried mint leaves will work though the flavor will not burst)
- 1⁄4 cup agave nectar (or to taste. This has a very lite flavor and will not spike your blood sugar)
- Mix it all up! Serve chilled.
- **Diabetic version: Use Stevia (remember a little goes a long way.) I did read that some people with diabetes can have the Agave nectar, as it is lower on the glycemic index about 46, I think.
- ** If you don't have Aguave nectar, you can use RAW honey or organic evaporated cane juice. (This retains the nutrients in the sugar).