Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 lb kirby cucumber (cut into 1/4)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (including tops, about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce (or bottled chili sauce)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Small Kirby cucumbers, normally used for pickling, are called for here because they are crunchier and less watery.
- You can use other cucumbers and peel them if desired.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the cucumbers and green onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the chili sauce, lime juice, soy sauce, sugar, ginger and hot pepper sauce. Pour the dressing over the cucumbers and toss to coat.
interesting. i added celery and some cilantro. i think i made it a bit too hot though.