Recipe by HeatherN
I got this recipe from a cooking magazine that I subscribe to. It's my favorite way to prepare cucumber salad.
Top Review by Montana Heart Song
This is a great recipe. I have never thought to dice my cucumbers. I usually slice but on saying this, I diced the cukes, diced some red radishes and followed the recipe. I did add the radishes right before serving so they would not bleed into the salad. I used dried dill weed.This is so simple and very good! Thanks for posting.
- 2 medium cucumbers, diced
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the diced cucumber in a colander over a plate. Sprinkle with the salt and toss. Let stand for 15 minutes, stirring once. Rinse and drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine the vinegar, dill, sugar and pepper. Add cucumbers and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes prior to serving.