Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A very simple cold side dish for lunch or light supper. My husband got it from his mother, and ofcourse all her food tastes better than mine.
- 2 peeled cucumbers
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground dried mustard
- black pepper
- Slice cucumbers in half long way and then into 1/4 inch half moons.
- Combine all but the pepper in a serving dish.
- Toss with the cucumbers and add the pepper.
- Add water so all the cucumbers are submerged in liquid.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- You can make these in a quart size storage bag for picnics or camping.