Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
A fantastic Thai starter or fingerfood.
- 2 ounces lean ground beef
- 2 ounces raw shrimp, peeled,deveined and chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1⁄2 fresh Thai chile, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cucumbers, chopped lengthways into 1 1/2 inch lengths (you need 10 pieces)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup sweet chili sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the beef, shrimp, green onion, fish sauce, chilli, sugar and white pepper in a bowl and mix well.
- Hollow out the cucumber lengths, leaving a cylinder shape.
- Dust the inside of the cucumbers with the cornstarch.
- Stuff each cucumber with 1 tablespoon of the filling.
- Place pieces upright in a baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until filling is firm.
- Serve with sweet chilli sauce.