Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This was in the Thursday magazine's Food Facts column on cool foods for hot days posted by Monika Seth. She is one of my favourite food writers! Enjoy!
- 2 -3 cucumbers, peeled and chopped into small cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 300 ml low-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon freshly crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- white pepper powder, as required
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon mint, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Put cucumber cubes in a small bowl.
- Add salt and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Strain the liquid into another bowl.
- Extract as much water as possible out of the cucumbers.
- In a large bowl combine vinegar, yoghurt and garlic.
- Fold in the salted cucumber and white pepper powder.
- Cover and chill until needed.
- Just prior to serving, sprinkle with mint or parsley.
- Serve with whole wheat bread or crackers.