- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 dashes hot red pepper sauce (or to taste)
- 2 cups thinly sliced white onions (3 medium)
- 1 lb seedless cucumber, thinly sliced with peel (4 cups)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sour cream, all but 1 T. of the dill, the vinegar, salt, and red pepper sauce in small mixing bowl.
- Make 3 or 4 layers of onion, cucumber, and sour cream mixture (in that order) in a 2-quart serving bowl. Refrigerate covered 1-2 hours, spooning juice from bottom of bowl over top several times.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 T. dill over top and serve cold.