Prep 5 hrs
Cook 0 mins
My mom gave this to me, we really enjoy fixing this in the summer with our cook-outs!
- 3 medium cucumbers, peeled and sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 dash pepper
- sliced onion (optional)
- Peel and slice cucumbers.
- sprinkle with salt and let set in refrigerator 2-3 hours.
- Combine the vinegar,sugar,sour cream and pepper.
- Fold in the cucumbers (and onions if you want them) Refrigerate at least 1 and 1/2 hours before serving.
- The colder they are, the better.
- this is really a good way to use up all your cucumbers.
This is a lovely recipe. Just the right amount of salt and spice to play off of the sweet cucumbers and onion. Thank you!
This is one terrific recipe, perfect in the summer~I usually add either fresh or dried dill to top, and mix in. Delish! Thanks for posting this, strawberryjane!
Very good indeed!! I made it the night before and it was just excellent. Thanks for a really good recipe!