B & B Adams's Note:
This may not be exactly what you are looking for but it is a great side dish. Cucumbers and Onions in Sour Cream
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and slice the cucumber very thin.
- 2Chop the green onions (including the tops). Mix with the cucumber.
- 3Sprinkle the salt and sugar over all and toss lightly with a fork to distribute sugar and salt evenly over the cucumber slices.
- 4Let stand 15 to 20 minutes.
- 5Drain thoroughly, pressing cucumber to extract as much moisture as possible. Stir the vinegar into the sour cream.
- 6Add a dash of white pepper.
- 7Pour over cucumber and onion.
- 8Refrigerate until ready to serve. NOTE: I usually double this recipe as it is better the longer it sits in the refrigerator.
- 9I also like more onion so I usually use 3 to 4 if they are small.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cucumbers and Onions in Sour Cream
Serving Size: 1 (435 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 278.0
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 25.3 mg
- Sodium 2367.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 31.0 g
- Protein 4.3 g