Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This may not be exactly what you are looking for but it is a great side dish. Cucumbers and Onions in Sour Cream
- Peel and slice the cucumber very thin.
- Chop the green onions (including the tops). Mix with the cucumber.
- Sprinkle the salt and sugar over all and toss lightly with a fork to distribute sugar and salt evenly over the cucumber slices.
- Let stand 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drain thoroughly, pressing cucumber to extract as much moisture as possible. Stir the vinegar into the sour cream.
- Add a dash of white pepper.
- Pour over cucumber and onion.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. NOTE: I usually double this recipe as it is better the longer it sits in the refrigerator.
- I also like more onion so I usually use 3 to 4 if they are small.